Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Alexandre Normand <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/13 00:24:13 UTC

Release 1.7.2?

Hey,
I was wondering what were the plans for the 1.7.2 release. Could that happen soon?

Cheers!

--
Alex

Re: Release 1.7.2?

Posted by Maxim Pugachev <mp...@iponweb.net>.
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Douglas Creager <dc...@dcreager.net>wrote:

> >> And all of these bug fixes from Lucas Martin-King regarding avro-c :)
> >> Thanks in advance!
> >
> > I'll take care of them today!
>
> I merged and closed all but AVRO-1161.  That one will require some
> investigation.  I don't think it's a blocker; Lucas or Maxim (or anyone
> else!) please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!
Regarding AVRO-1161: you're right, it's not a blocker. I'll try to help
Lucas with this.

Re: Release 1.7.2?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Douglas Creager <dc...@dcreager.net> wrote:
> I closed AVRO-1165, along with AVRO-1161 and AVRO-1164.  I think we're
> good for a release on the C side.

Great!  I'll try to put together a release candidate now.

Doug

Re: Release 1.7.2?

Posted by Maxim Pugachev <mp...@iponweb.net>.
On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 3:28 AM, Douglas Creager <dc...@dcreager.net>wrote:

> > So I think we're just waiting on AVRO-1165 now.  Once that's committed
> > I'll create a 1.7.2 candidate.
>
> I closed AVRO-1165, along with AVRO-1161 and AVRO-1164.  I think we're
> good for a release on the C side.

Douglas, what about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1163 ? Can
we include this patch too?

Re: Release 1.7.2?

Posted by Douglas Creager <dc...@dcreager.net>.

Re: Release 1.7.2?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

RE: Release 1.7.2?

Posted by Vivek Nadkarni <Vi...@Trimble.com>.
Douglas, I would appreciate it if you could also review and merge in this memory leak patch:

Vivek

Re: Release 1.7.2?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
It sounds like maybe I should delay releasing until early next week
while these recent C patches are processed.

Doug

Re: Release 1.7.2?

Posted by Maxim Pugachev <mp...@iponweb.net>.

Re: Release 1.7.2?

Posted by Alexandre Normand <al...@gmail.com>.
Could we also consider including AVRO-1162?

--
Alex

Re: Release 1.7.2?

Posted by Douglas Creager <dc...@dcreager.net>.

Re: Release 1.7.2?

Posted by Douglas Creager <dc...@dcreager.net>.
> And all of these bug fixes from Lucas Martin-King regarding avro-c :)
> Thanks in advance!

I'll take care of them today!

Re: Release 1.7.2?

Posted by Maxim Pugachev <mp...@iponweb.net>.

Release 1.7.2?

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
+1 for 1.7.2. We'd like to pull in a new release of Avro into Flume
specifically AVRO-1111 and AVRO-1151.

Thanks,
Hari

Re: Release 1.7.2?