Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sebastian <se...@mac.com> on 2005/11/29 16:50:49 UTC

HttpServlet not found?

Hi list,

First of all, sorry for my English, it's not my own language.

I've installed a tomcat (5.5.12) on debian/testing. Tomcat run
perfectly fine with all servlets I got. But one of my "webapps"
doesn't work. It connetcs to an MySQL-Database. It doesn't found the
drivers. But that's not the problem.

The problem is, when I try to call one of the servlets (doesn't
matter wich one, even simply "Hello World" does not work) I get an
NoClassDefFoundError. I compiled it with
	"javac -cp /home/tomcat/j2ee/lib/j2ee.jar:/home/tomcat/mysql
MyServlet.java".
This displays no error.
But I can't access the servlet. it shows me that:
	exception
	javax.servlet.ServletException: Error allocating a servlet instance
	root cause
	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

all that happens only in one "webapps"-dircetory, all others are
working fine. Even when I copy one servlet from another "webapp" to
it, I get that error.

My $CLASSPATH is setting to this
	/.../j2ee/lib/j2ee.jar:/../apache-tomcat-5.5.12/common/lib/servlet-
api.jar:/../mysql/com/:/../mysql/org:/../	apache-tomcat-5.5.12/common/
lib/

When I try to run that servlet with "java" I get that error:
	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: LoadDriver not found in
java.lang.ClassLoader$1{urls=[file:
and then comes the whole $CLASSPATH

Thanks for help and best regards,
Sebastian Funk