Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Kartik Vashishta <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/09 13:44:11 UTC

[ApacheDS] [Studio] Configuration Issues

Team,

I have successfully installed ApacheDS and Studio. I am having issues
configuring ApacheDS. How do I do this from the cli. I am on CentOS7.

For instance how do I set a password, ports, dc, cn, etc.

I also need help tying Studio to ApacheDS, this will probably be easier
after I have ApacheDS configured.

This seems like a MOST wonderful truly FREE product for LDAP. The
documentation however seems tailored to windows users. I am mostly a cli
guy(at least that's what I like/try to think/be).

All comments/observations will be appreciated. Regards,

Kartik Vashishta

Re: [ApacheDS] [Studio] Configuration Issues

Posted by Kartik Vashishta <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thank you once again. I followed the suggestion and used keytool to create
a certificate. The client system however requires something in .pem format,
using keytool to convert to .pem and putting that .pem in the client did
not work either, disabling TLS did not help. The server was restarted after
each step

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kartik Vashishta <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kartik Vashishta <ka...@gmail.com>.
Team,

The "Auto-generate context entry" checkbox was already checked. I deleted
and  recreated, it seems the advise of restarting the server is the key.
Now I have to learn understand and learn the best practises of ApacheDS in
particular and LDAP in general.

This seems to work:
[root@elasticmaster3 log]# ldapsearch -x -H ldap://ldap.kartikv.com:10389/
-b "dc=kartikv,dc=com" "(uid=tuser)"
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=kartikv,dc=com> with scope subtree
# filter: (uid=tuser)
# requesting: ALL
#

# Test User + tuser, kartikv.com
dn: commonName=Test User+userid=tuser,dc=kartikv,dc=com
sn: user
commonName: Test User
objectClass: userSecurityInformation
objectClass: top
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: uidObject
userPassword::
e1NTSEF9MDhQV1pyWXdsRWxQSEhHT2VnSXZvMHNVMnh3R0VnTmpKR1RpZmc9PQ=
 =
userid: tuser

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

There is something wrong with my authconfig on my CentOS7 ldap client
because I am not able to ssh to it. But that may be for another user
list/forum.

Thanks to everyone including the silent(but mentally/psychically helpful)
ones for their patronage. This is my first encounter of a lively list
during ANY weekend on ANY topic that I have EVER encountered.

Appreciate the help. Regards,

Kartik Vashishta

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Kartik Vashishta <ka...@gmail.com>.
Team,

Posted by Kartik Vashishta <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Kartik Vashishta <ka...@gmail.com>.
Tried that, same message

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kartik Vashishta <ka...@gmail.com>.
Team,

I have thanks to Kiran's help installed Studio on windows and it appears to
be functioning normally.
I have created a partition dc=kartikv,dc=com
I am trying to add users, in the GUI, I click on LDAP-New Entry, but it
gives me a message saying "No connection selected or connection is closed".
In the connections tab, I see the connection that I have already created
(kartikv) and it is connected.

Please advise. Regards,

Kartik Vashishta

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: [ApacheDS] [Studio] Configuration Issues

Posted by Kartik Vashishta <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the input:

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--