Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "MANCHIKALAP, KRISHNA (SBCSI)" <mk...@sbc.com> on 2004/01/13 15:38:13 UTC

document through wsdl

Hello one & ALL,
		Did anyone tried to deploy, which returns
org.w3c.dom.Document  .
If YES then pls help me to deploy my code....

Heres am attaching the source code of my example, but am able deploy string
return.
I appreciate if some one can help me out to fix this....
 <<DocumentServiceClient.java>>  <<DocumentService.java>>
<<deployWSDD.txt>>
Thanks,
-- Krishna
*: bus: mk3146@sbc.com <ma...@sbc.com> 	*: +1 (314) 331 - 9897
*: per:  email@mkrishna.com    	*: +1 (925) 864 - 0012

Re: document through wsdl

Posted by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com>.
Hi Krishna ,

I dont think your code deployment is correct.
To pass an Object as an argument I think u must specify it in the deployment descriptor . It should have a <typeMapping> tag which gives all the details of the Object to be passed as argument. You can refer Axis User Guide  for this.

String endpoint = "http://localhost:8080/axis/services/DocumentService";
   Service  service = new Service();

   call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
   call.setOperationName( "showDocument" );

   call.invoke( new Object [] { document });

   System.out.println("\n\n\n******** RETURNED DOCUMENT \n");
   System.out.println(document.toString());

IN your client given above ( In Red)  call. invoke should return an Object. So there should be a variable to receive that Object. And that should be the Document Object. Also you should set the return type using this method

 call.setReturnType( type); // Setting the return type.

Read Axis API Docs.

Regards
Dhanush
  Did anyone tried to deploy, which returns
  org.w3c.dom.Document  .
  If YES then pls help me to deploy my code....

  Heres am attaching the source code of my example, but am able deploy string
  return.
  I appreciate if some one can help me out to fix this....
   <<DocumentServiceClient.java>>  <<DocumentService.java>>
  <<deployWSDD.txt>>
  Thanks,
  -- Krishna
  *: bus: mk3146@sbc.com <ma...@sbc.com> *: +1 (314) 331 - 9897