Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Bomb Diggy <te...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/12 22:08:49 UTC

Re: Re-read configuration file via configureAndWatch()

There was a post a couple of months ago about being
able to 'set' configureAndWatch() via the
log4j.properties file.

http://www.mail-archive.com/log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg04352.html

Is this feature planned for future releases of Log4J?

I hacked on the source a little and managed to get it
working.  Totally cool, but my hack is just that.
Log4J now automatically finds my log4j.properties file
(in the Tomcat classpath) and tells itself to reload
every 60 seconds.

The code snippet is at:
http://www.acromedia.com/PCUpdate.html