Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by John Studarus <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/18 04:18:00 UTC

first 12 FAQ items

  Here are the first 12 FAQs (I received donations for 10 so far but I was on a roll) - Thanks for the support from those of you that donated!  I've cut and pasted the "Questions" here and put the full FAQ onto the Wiki under "MoreFrequentlyAskedQuestions".  I've got a list of about 10 more FAQs that I'd like to document just based on going through the mailing archive.  Here is the link if you'd like to make a donation towards The Leukemia and Lymphona Society.  I'm donating my time towards writing FAQ items and a new(er) Tapestry users guide.

http://www.active.com/donate/tntsdh/tntsdhJStudar

        John

Where is the (some random HTML) component? (i.e. TD)

Why isn�t Initialize setting my variables when the page is created?

Where do I �initialize� values for a page?

How do I use the pageRenderListener to setup my page before it is used?

How do I pass information from page to page?

I just created a new page and now I get a 'class instantiation problem'.  Why can�t it instantiate my class?

How can I share data across two Tapestry applications?

What is Spindle?

What are the jwcid=$content$ tags that Spindle places into my HTML files?

When would I use the $remove$ tag?

Why is my Visit object always null or throws NoClassDefFound?

How do I make a property in a Component persistent?