Posted to dev@livy.apache.org by Avneet Oberoi <de...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/09 23:34:34 UTC

Looking to contribute

Hello,

I'm a newbie and looking to contribute to Livy.
While I wait for feedback on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIVY-401,
was wondering if there's some more tasks I could take up.

I've searched JIRA already, but barely saw any ones tagged with the newbie
label,
so thought I should ask here.

Thanks,
Avneet

Re: Looking to contribute

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.
You are correct that we haven't utilized a beginner label in the JIRA yet.
I would suggest reading through the open JIRAs (there not that many
compared to other projects) and just try some out, that was how I started
last year. And don't worry about opening PRs for everything you start, I
started working on quite a few before realizing it was too much for a
beginner and moving on to another task.

 Alex Bozarth
 Software Engineer
 Spark Technology Center

 E-mail: ajbozart@us.ibm.com
 GitHub: github.com/ajbozarth
                                                                   505 Howard Street
                                                             San Francisco, CA 94105
                                                                       United States

From:	Avneet Oberoi <de...@gmail.com>
To:	dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date:	01/09/2018 03:34 PM
Subject:	Looking to contribute

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__issues.apache.org_jira_browse_LIVY-2D401&d=DwIBaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=lp-EoREQVfVgQZDLZoCfWTR9QDjicMNLJYE5Tcsi6ks&s=ugGesV3vgEsiUD-OU6uvpZ0l_LeLhvIxEieeW0EIdkQ&e=
,