Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bryan hansen <bh...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/24 21:20:42 UTC

Struts Templates 1.0.2

We are designing a small site using Struts 1.0.2
templates. Everything is working great until we try to
call a page from a template that uses a template
inside that page. For example, we have an index.jsp
page that uses a template for its layout (sideNav,
topNav, content, etc...). One of the pages it calls
(content.jsp) uses a template for its layout too. This
type of nesting throws a Servlet Exception complaining
about the doEndTag(Insert.java).

Any ideas why this doesn't work? It seems plausable to
me.

TIA,

Bryan

NoClassDefFoundError Struts 1.0.2

Posted by bryan hansen <bh...@yahoo.com>.
We are getting an exception while trying to load a jsp
using action forms in a simple login page. While
trying to load a simple jsp page:

<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld"
prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld"
prefix="html" %>

<head>
<title>Struts Tutorial - JspInsider -
Introduction</title>
</head>

Struts Application </p>

property="emailAddress" size="22" maxlength="22"/>
value="Enter"/>
                        </input>

I get an exception thrown saying that it cannot find:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm

This is confusing to me because it just deployed the
applcation and had no errors while doing so? The
struts.jar is included in the WEB-INF/lib directory of
our application.

TIA,

Bryan

Re: Struts Templates 1.0.2

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Check the resulting page source to see if the result of content.jsp
isn't somewhere else.
  Maybe you have a flush problem. What webserver do you use ?
  Also, you can try to use (for testing purpose) the latest Struts
nightly build, and use Tiles instead of templates. Tiles are compatible,
so you don't need to change your tags or your pages. Just change the
template library uri in your web.xml.

   Hope this help,
         Cedric

Re: Struts Templates 1.0.2