Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Daniel Ortega <da...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/06 13:14:29 UTC

Segments with 500KB size (source: "flush") in a cluster with ramBufferSize of 2GB

Hi Guys,

Could someone explain me why I have segments of 500 KB (with source "flush"
and only with 91 documents) if I have a ramBufferSizeMB of 2GB
and maxBufferedDocs not definined?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Re: Segments with 500KB size (source: "flush") in a cluster with ramBufferSize of 2GB

Posted by Daniel Ortega <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erick,

1) maxDocs setting is not defined in our config. As far as we know there
isn't a default value.

2) ramBufferSizeMB cannot be exceeded because written segment size are less
than 1 MB and we have defined a maximum of 2 GB.

3) The autocommit interval is 15 minutes. This could be the reason but it's
weird because we are updating more than one thousand documents per second
(across the cluster).

4) We disabled explicit commits from clients :)

5) We're using SolrJ but with commitWithin option not defined.

Anyway thanks for your reply!

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.