Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2013/04/26 10:22:19 UTC

New committer - Maurizio Taverna

I'm delighted to announce that Maurizio Taverna has been voted in as a
committer on Isis.

Maurizio came across Isis at the beginning of the year, and since then has
been working rapidly and enthusiastically to develop a new viewer using
DHTMLX.  Although (because of licensing restrictions) this codebase cannot
be donated to Isis, it's a substantial and impressive piece of work.  If
you've not seen it yet, there's an online demo here [1] and the code is on
github [2].

Maurizio has also demonstrated the viewer as an app running on Google App
Engine (the demo [1] is running on GAE).  To do this he has identified and
addressed several improvements; these have been fed back to a few changes
to the JDO objectstore component, as well as new documentation on our
website.

Maurizio has also had several ideas to help publicise and promote Isis,
including a series of animated interviews (a draft of the first of which
can be seen here [3]).

I'd like to thank Maurizio for all his hard work so far, and to say that
we're very much looking forward to working with him in the future.

Cheers
Dan Haywood
Apache Isis PMC Chair

[1] http://isis-viewer-dhtmlx.appspot.com/
[2] https://github.com/madytyoo/dhtmlx-isis-viewer
[3]
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-Ekm92XLvTAN25ZNzNyYjI1eE0/edit?usp=sharing

Re: New committer - Maurizio Taverna

Posted by Maurizio Taverna <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Mohammad.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Welcome aboard Maurizio :)

Posted by Maurizio Taverna <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
for those interested the product used to create the animation is GoAnimate
[1].

Cheers
Maurizio
[1] http://goanimate.com/