Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "S.L" <si...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/03 23:57:38 UTC

Datanode not allowed to connect to the Namenode in Hadoop 2.3.0 cluster.

Hi All,

I am trying to set up a Apache Hadoop 2.3.0 cluster , I have a master and
three slave nodes , the slave nodes are listed in the
$HADOOP_HOME/etc/hadoop/slaves file and I can telnet from the slaves to the
Master Name node on port 9000, however when I start the datanode on any of
the slaves I get the following exception .

2014-08-03 08:04:27,952 FATAL
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: Initialization failed for
block pool Block pool BP-1086620743-170.75.152.162-1407064313305 (Datanode
Uuid null) service to server1.dealyaft.com/170.75.152.162:9000
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.protocol.DisallowedDatanodeException):
Datanode denied communication with namenode because hostname cannot be
resolved .

The following are the contents of my core-site.xml.

<configuration>
    <property>
        <name>fs.default.name</name>
        <value>hdfs://server1.mydomain.com:9000</value>
    </property>
</configuration>

Also in my hdfs-site.xml  I am not setting any value for dfs.hosts or
dfs.hosts.exclude properties.

Thanks.

Re: Datanode not allowed to connect to the Namenode in Hadoop 2.3.0 cluster.

Posted by hadoop hive <ha...@gmail.com>.
Remove the entry from dfs.exclude if there is any

Posted by hadoop hive <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.
You should have /etc/hosts properly configured on all your cluster nodes.

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "S.L" <si...@gmail.com>.