Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Grzegorz Jankowski <Gr...@prosoft.com.pl> on 2005/08/06 20:11:09 UTC

[users@httpd] virtual servers problem

Hi, I think I have quite sofisticated problem with virtual servers on
my apache ( 1.3.26 ). It's standig on Linux box ( 2.4.x ).

Everything was qiute fine ( about 10 virtual servers with separate
content, DNS defined of course correctly ) till I moved to another
location and now my Linux box is standing behind hardware firewall
( Linksys WRT54G )-that has static & routable IP. I have 192.168.x.y but
I have some ports ( 22, 25, 80, 110 ) forwarded
and all the serwices ( ssh, smtp, pop3 ) work fine in bi-directional
way ( i can acces my host through this static ip, all the mails arrive
in proper way - through the MX in DNS .... )

I thaught that I understand TCP/IP but I do not know what's wrong -
all the virtuals stoped working at all. Only the main content ( pointed
by "DocumentRoot" in srm.conf ) can be accesed. All the virtuals ( DNS is
changed of course for all the virtuals, I tested as a CNAME and A records)
display only the main content - no mater what I type - only one site
content occures.

To be more accurate:
DocumentRoot "/var/www/1site"
and www.1.mysite.pl works fine

www.2.mysite.pl
www.3.mysite.pl are defined as virtuals and point to separate contents.

but entering www.2.mysite.pl in www-browser or www.3.mysite.pl shows
the same as www.1.mysite.pl

If too long - sorry....

Please HELP.

btw: I can't have routable IP on server. I think I didn't do some stupid
mistake in a cfg file.......

--
Pozdrawiam

Grzegorz J. Jankowski
ProSoft s.c.            http://www.prosoft.com.pl
Kompleksowe rozwiązania informatyczne.  Internet.
biuro:  02-798 Warszawa,   ul. Pod Lipą 4
tel./fax (+48 22) 859-7253 GSM: (+48) 602-232-936

Re: [users@httpd] virtual servers problem

Posted by Davide Bianchi <da...@onlyforfun.net>.
Grzegorz Jankowski wrote:
> Hi, I think I have quite sofisticated problem with virtual servers on
> my apache ( 1.3.26 ). It's standig on Linux box ( 2.4.x ).

<zap>

> and www.1.mysite.pl works fine
> but entering www.2.mysite.pl in www-browser or www.3.mysite.pl shows
> the same as www.1.mysite.pl
>
> If too long - sorry....

And you didn't posted the important part: your VHost configuration!

Davide

--
We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity -- so UP yours, Microsoft!