Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Amit Kumar <am...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/22 13:46:25 UTC

Which files can be excluded while recording using Proxy?

Dear All:

Hope you all are doing great !!

I have a query. After recording the using Proxy Server, it records many
files like .jpg, .css, .js. ect. So my question is which files can I
exclude while recording?
Or which files can I delete after recording?

Thanks in advance !!

-
Thanks and Regards,
Amit

Re: Which files can be excluded while recording using Proxy?

Posted by Amit Kumar <am...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for that....I shall start new thread !!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amit Kumar <am...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much for your prompt replies friends.

I have couple of simple queries, please confirm:
1. How much threads are supported by a single machine at a time (I heard
300, right?)?
2. In Listeners(Table/Tree): Some requests appear with warning(red symbol),
what does it mean? Does it mean that those requests are failed? [Please
refer screen shot].

Thank you.

Posted by Amit Kumar <am...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much all of you for your valuable suggestions and help !!
It is really helpful for the starter like me.

Posted by Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Robin D. Wilson" <rw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Lloyd <ol...@hotmail.com>.
That's probably not true. In most cases the static resources will be cached by a browser and / or served by a CDN so simply always including them will not be realistic. You need to factor in each layer of caching and also the configuration of your test environment when deciding how to approach this - the direct answer therefore is: it depends.

If you decide to filter them then version 2.9 of Jmeter includes a suggested list to make this process easier.

Posted by Niraj <ni...@gmail.com>.