Posted to users@maven.apache.org by abdul halim <mh...@uwo.ca> on 2008/01/09 19:30:44 UTC

in POM.XML how to set groupID , artifactID with my corosponding directory structure

Hello,

My java project directory structure is as follows

Test2

Service

           Src

                    Com

                             Ek3

                                       Test

                                                Addition.java

Could anyone please tell me how can I set  groupid and artifactid  in
pom.xml either in super pom.xml and normal pom.xml

Thanks

Ah

Re: in POM.XML how to set groupID , artifactID with my corosponding directory structure

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
You can choose whatever groupId and artifactId you wish for your own
project pom.xml file.

Having said that, your file structure does not match Maven's required
structure, so you will either need to customize the pom.xml or adjust
your project layout (my suggestion).

Maven likes projects to look like:
(root)/src/main/java/com/ek3/...

Wayne

Posted by "Beelen, M. - SPLXL" <Ma...@klm.com>.
Hello Abdul,

Perhaps you could start by reading the Maven Getting Started Guide about
how to create project.
http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html#How_do_I_make_
my_first_Maven_project

Following that guidelines it will automatically create the proper
project directory structure for you.
It is best to organise your project like the Standard directory layout.
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard
-directory-layout.html

You can choose your groupId and artifactId yourself. Keep in mind that
you do not want to choose them same as anybody else. There for the same
rules should be applied to maven-modules as to java packages.
In your case I would choose something like:
groupId=ca.uwo.mhalin2.test
artifactId=service

Hope this helps.

With kind regards,
  Marco

My java project directory structure is as follows

Test2

Service

           Src

                    Com

                             Ek3

                                       Test

                                                Addition.java

Could anyone please tell me how can I set  groupid and artifactid  in
pom.xml either in super pom.xml and normal pom.xml

Thanks

Ah

http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain
confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee
only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part
of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail, and delete this message.

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries
and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor
responsible for any delay in receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal
Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with
registered number 33014286