Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Gary S. Cuozzo" <ga...@innovationsw.com> on 2003/08/12 23:20:14 UTC

[betwixt] interfaces vs. classes

Hello all,
I'm struggling with how to get betwixt to deal with interfaces vs.
implementation classes.

I have an interface called AuthInfo and an implementation called
GenericAuthInfo (among others).  The class that I'm marshalling has
methods called get/setAuthInfo that return/accept AuthInfo.  This causes
my elements to be <authInfo>...</authInfo>

Is there a way that I can make the BeanReader actually instantiate
GenericAuthInfo and call the setAuthInfo method with the instance?

I searched the archives, but the only related thing I found was a
suggestion to use Digester.  I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.
gary.

--
Gary S. Cuozzo <ga...@innovationsw.com>