Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/17 18:21:24 UTC

unit test failures

Hi, community!

I experiment with running Geronimo on various JVM's. The interesting thing
I've encountered is that some of unit tests fail on BEA Jrockit VM. I've got
at least three failures unique to BEA Jrockit 1.4.2_04 VM:

Module: modules/directory
Test: org.apache.geronimo.directory.RunningTest
Result: VM hangs

Module: modules/timer
Test:
org.apache.geronimo.timer.NontransactionalThreadPooledTimerTest.testTasksInUnspecifiedTxContext
Output: expected:<20> but was:<19>

Module: modules/tomcat
Test: org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.JAASSecurityTest.testNotAuthorized
Output: expected:<<!-- Login Page -->> but was:<null>

These tests pass on all Sun VMs. Situation with Jrockit 1.5 is much worse -
more than 60 failures. It may result in overall instability while running
Geronimo on BEA.
Any comments & suggestions?

Alexei Zakharov,
Intel Middleware Product Division

Re: unit test failures [Directory Problem]

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Genender might have an idea.

Re: unit test failures

Posted by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacek & all,

I've discovered that the most recent Jrockit VM + ApacheDS 1.0 RC1
will completely solve the problem with the
org.apache.geronimo.directory.RunningTest hang on Jrockit (see the
discussion at DIRECTORY-607 for details). Moreover, I've seen some
other posts with signs of dissatisfaction with the outdated version of
Apache DS currently being used. So it seems that we need to move
Geronimo to ApacheDS 1.0 anyway. I can start working on the
corresponding patch. Any comments & objections?

Re: unit test failures

Posted by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacek,

Re: unit test failures

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

http://www.laskowski.org.pl

Re: unit test failures

Posted by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kevan,

> FYI: Apache DS is here -- http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/
> apacheds/index.html

The bug is reproducible on their latest stable build also. I think it
is best to wait until ApacheDS team fix the bug and incorporate their
patched build then. However, they use different API since ApacheDS 1.0

Re: unit test failures

Posted by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com>.
Kevan,

Re: unit test failures