Posted to axkit-dev@xml.apache.org by David J Craigon <da...@arabidopsis.info> on 2004/07/02 16:39:12 UTC

AxKitTrace

Hi there,
	I'm using AxKit Trace to track my pages as they go through to
completion. Sometimes my Providers produce XML that won't parse. This
then causes my Error page, using AxErrorStyleheet, to show.
Unfortunatley, all that gets displayed in the trace is the error
document, then the error document transformed. What I really want to see
is the XML that failed to parse in the first place so I can identify the
problem. Is there any way of achieving this?

David

Re: AxKitTrace

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On 2 Jul 2004, at 23:27, Kip Hampton wrote:

>> What I really want to see is the XML that failed to parse in the
>> first place so I can identify the problem. Is there any way of
>> achieving this?
>
> Yes, but not using AxTraceIntermediate (the mechanism for which is
> only invoked after the source XML is parsed, so an error there will
> by-pass the intermediate dumps). Your best bet, I think, would be to
> have your Provider dump the source XML to the error log via
> AxKit::Debug() inside the get_strref() or other content-returning
> method.
>
> Anyone else have another idea?

Only that it sounds like a bug to me - I wonder if when we're
processing ErrorStylesheets we shouldn't stop the AxTrace stuff lest it
overwrites what should be there (I assume that's what's happening).

Matt.

Re: AxKitTrace

Posted by Kip Hampton <kh...@totalcinema.com>.
David J Craigon wrote:

<snip/>

> What I really want to see
> is the XML that failed to parse in the first place so I can identify the
> problem. Is there any way of achieving this?

Yes, but not using AxTraceIntermediate (the mechanism for which is only
invoked after the source XML is parsed, so an error there will by-pass
the intermediate dumps). Your best bet, I think, would be to have your
Provider dump the source XML to the error log via AxKit::Debug() inside
the get_strref() or other content-returning method.

Anyone else have another idea?

-kip