Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Murphree, Michael" <Mi...@compuware.com> on 2008/07/08 17:25:25 UTC

Tuscany SCA on ServiceMix 4.0

Hello,

We're working with ServiceMix 4.0, using CXF and Camel in an OSGi
runtime (Equinox).  We were also interested in using SCA as a component
model.

What plans do you have for integrating SCA (Apache's Tuscany) with
ServiceMix 4.0?  Do you plan on resurrecting the servicemix-sca
component?  Is there a possibility of binding SCA assemblies to Camel
routes?  I saw the there was a Spring binding for SCA, is that the
preferred method or is there a "ServiceMix Way" to do this?

Regards,

Michael Murphree

Re: Tuscany SCA on ServiceMix 4.0

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Michael,

One option would be to recreate the servicemix-sca component, but in
ServiceMix 4 we should be able to build even more direct support for
SCA.  Just like it can deploy plain Spring XML files and JBI artifacts,
we should be able to get it to deploy SCA assemblies as well.  It just
hasn't been done yet -- feel free to raise a JIRA for this (and attach a
patch off course)

For the integration with Camel, you can do this using either the Spring
binding or the plain Java binding.  I'm not sure we need to do anything
inside Camel to get this working, but it might be a good idea to at
least have add camel-sca component with unit tests that show you how to
configure/implement this.  Perhaps we can add a more specific binding
for Camel afterwards (extending the Java and/or Spring binding).  Once
again, feel free to raise the JIRA...

Regards,

Gert