Posted to dev@samoa.apache.org by Maciej Grzenda <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/13 17:57:28 UTC

Switching Samoa builds to Oracle JDK 8

Hi everyone,

It seems changes to Travis configuration are still needed to resolve
failing Samoa builds. Possible solution is switching to Oracle JDK 8.

What do you think about switching to oraclejdk8? Tests made under
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMOA-76 suggest this would help.

Thanks for your opinion.

Maciej

Re: Switching Samoa builds to Oracle JDK 8

Posted by Maciej Grzenda <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 2018-06-14 06:57, Nicolas Kourtellis wrote:
> Hi Maciej,
>
> I agree with you, lets push forward with this change.
>
> What does it need to get refactored for jdk8?
Hi everyone,

When it comes to Travis,  it is enough to change Travis configuration as
documented in pull request for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMOA-76 i.e. - set jdk to
oraclejdk8 in .travis.yml.

Source and target in pom.xml configuration could be also updated to 1.8.

Thanks,

Maciej

Posted by Nicolas Kourtellis <nk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maciej,

--
Nicolas Kourtellis

Re: Switching Samoa builds to Oracle JDK 8

Posted by Dennis Jung <in...@gmail.com>.