Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Steve Barham <st...@formicary.net> on 2006/05/08 12:20:49 UTC

[Axis2] Webapp bugs

Hiya,

Am surprised that noone else has mentioned these so far. Clearly too many
Tomcat users on this project!

1. In the service listing, the links to the services are emitted in the
following style:

http://localhost/axis2-web/services/version?wsdl

This will fail to work under certain application containers, most notable
Ironflare Orion. This is because the list service is checked with the
following conditional (ListingAgent, line 87):

if (httpServletRequest.getParameter("wsdl") != null ||
    httpServletRequest.getParameter("xsd") != null) {
    processListService(httpServletRequest, httpServletResponse);
} else {
    super.handle(httpServletRequest, httpServletResponse);
}

In this case, as wsdl or xsd do not have any value assigned to them, they
do not have entries in the httpServletRequest parameter map. This can be
solved by changing the links to be of the following form:

http://localhost/axis2-web/services/version?wsdl=1

An alternative change would be to use the pathinfo to determine what
action to take, rather than the parameter value.

2. The listServices.jsp page is included by ListingAgent. As such, the
content type declaration of text/html with utf-8 encoding made in the
page's JSP header is clobbered, resulting in FireFox and other browsers
displaying it as text/plain.

Cheers,

steve

--
Steve Barham                       tel: +44 (0)7973 199 471
Systems Engineer

Re: [Axis2] Webapp bugs

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Steve,

Would you please be kind enough to log 2 JIRA bugs?
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/)

thanks,
dims

Re: [Axis2] Webapp bugs

Posted by wang pengchao <al...@gmail.com>.
Hey Steve

  I found the same problem when I try to embed axis2 into Jetty yesterday. I
have created a bug report
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-697>in Jira for the wsdl
fetching failure.

Cheers