Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Vinny Gupta <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/25 17:47:39 UTC

MP3 parser errors

I am trying to use mp3 parser to parse mp3 files. I have built the parser using jid3lib-0.5.1.

While running nutch for parsing some mp3 files, I am getting following error;

Error parsing: http://someurl.com/some.mp3: failed(2,200): java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String

Please let me know how to rectify this problem.

Thanks;
Vinny

---------------------------------

Re: MP3 parser errors

Posted by Brian Whitman <br...@variogr.am>.
On Sep 25, 2007, at 11:47 AM, Vinny Gupta wrote:

> I am trying to use mp3 parser to parse mp3 files. I have built the
> parser using jid3lib-0.5.1.

Not sure about that particular bug, but be careful with that plugin:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-414

Also, jid3lib has a lot of bugs that have gone unfixed for too long--
I had a lot of crashes and hangs when trying to use it. We currently
download & parse mp3s outside of nutch with a non-java id3 parser..
we couldn't find a java one that worked well.

RE: MP3 parser errors

Posted by Daniel Clark <da...@verizon.net>.
Update the conf/parse-plugins.xml to include the following.  Make sure you
enter the appropriate MIME type.  The following MIME type worked for my
team.

<mimeType name="audio/mpeg">
     <plugin id="parse-mp3"/>
</mimeType>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daniel Clark, President
DAC Systems, Inc.
(703) 403-0340
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am trying to use mp3 parser to parse mp3 files. I have built the parser
using jid3lib-0.5.1.

While running nutch for parsing some mp3 files, I am getting following
error;

Error parsing: http://someurl.com/some.mp3: failed(2,200):
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String

Please let me know how to rectify this problem.

Thanks;
Vinny

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail,
news, photos & more.