Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Johan Andries <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/24 17:48:05 UTC

json-viewer and the restful objects spec

Hi,

to learn more about Apache Isis (and javascript) I'm writing a single-page
javascript app that consumes the json-viewer. To properly construct the UI
it seems I need the information specified in chapter 23 (DOMAIN TYPE ACTION
RESOURCE), but as far as I can see this has not yet been implemented by Isis
(latest 0.2.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT).

I have noticed that there is a lot of activity on the json-viewer source
code, so do you guys already of an idea of the timeframe in which chapter 23
will be implemented?

Thank you!

Johan.

Re: json-viewer and the restful objects spec

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On 25 October 2011 13:36, Johan Andries <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I was indeed referring to version 0.48 of de RO spec, but I now realize it
> was chapter 24 (DOMAIN TYPE ACTION PARAMETER RESOURCE) I was after. Sorry
> for the confusion, I'm still trying to find my way around the document.

no probs.

> Trial and error with REST Console is more fun than reading the spec :-)

yeah, there are some really good REST/JSON tools for Chrome et al.  Check
out a few of the others too to see which suits best.

> I guess validation annotations like @MaxLength and @optional will
> eventually
> also show up in the RO spec?

Yeah, but prompt me if you think there's anything missing (ie I'll add those
too in).

Not all of the Isis annotations/facets are likely to be in the spec, but I
would expect that most of those that we have common with the Naked Objects
MVC framework will be (in time).

Cheers
Dan

Posted by Johan Andries <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

On 24/10/2011 16:48, Johan Andries wrote:
> Hi,
Hi Johan,