Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by "Rivas, Jesse" <Je...@comcast.com> on 2019/09/13 16:58:07 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Changing dbdump output format

pg_restore cannot handle plain-text formats -- psql has to be used in order
to restore from .sql format.

Jesse

On 9/13/19, 10:21 AM, "Jeremy Mitchell" <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

    If pg_restore can handle both (the current binary and your suggested plain
    sql) seamlessly then doesn't seem like a problem to me to change the format
    to plain SQL but i can't speak for everyone using this endpoint. is
    everyone using the endpoint's response in tandem with pg_restore?

    if it helps testability, i think your suggestion makes a lot of sense.

    jeremy