Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nagendra Mishr <nm...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/01 15:38:49 UTC

Using Solr components for dictionary matching?

Hi all,

Is there a good guide on using Solr components as a dictionary
matcher?  I'm need to do some pre-processing that involves lots of
dictionary lookups and it doesn't seem right to query solr for each
instance.

Thanks in advance,

Nagendra

Re: Using Solr components for dictionary matching?

Posted by Andrea Gazzarini <ag...@apache.org>.
Assuming that with "dictionary" you would mean (also) a thesaurus, you
can consider to use SIREn which is a SOLR / Lucene add-on, able to
index (and search) RDF data.

In this way, you could index an already available thesaurus like LCSH,
Agrovoc or build and index your own vocabulary.

subsequently, querying its services for lookups will benefit of SOLR /
Lucene features.

Best,
Andrea

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I really don't understand what you're asking. Could you give some
examples of what you're trying to do?

Best
Erick