Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stefan Arentz <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/14 19:06:58 UTC

Cannot find lifecycle mapping for packaging: 'sar'

I created a simple plugin to create SAR archives (JBoss Service
Archive). It is basically a jar file with a
META-INF/jboss-service.xml. The maven-ejb-plugin looked like a good
candidate for a template so I used that and modified it. My
maven-sar-plugin succesfully builds and installs in the local
repository.

However, when I try to actually use it to package a SAR, I get the
following error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Cannot find lifecycle mapping for packaging: 'sar'.
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingsar.

Is there anything I need to do before maven will 'see' my new plugin?

Also, the last error message is a bit odd or does it simply miss a ":
" in between "...LifecycleMapping" and "sar" ?

 S.