Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2007/05/01 04:03:38 UTC

Velocity 1.5?

I knew that would get Henning and Wills' attention.

I am wondering if for 2.3.3 we should update some of our dependencies.

I know Will updated his apps to use Velocity 1.5 - where there any
changes required for this (to turbine or your app)?

Torque also springs to mind - we could at least go to 3.2 (hmm, does
Torque 3.2 work with ACSYaafiComponentService or do I need to add a
comment that trunk/3.3 is required?)

Thomas has already taken care of commons-fileupload, but there may be a
couple more that can also be dropped in.

Scott

Re: Velocity 1.5?

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Scott Eade wrote:
> Torque also springs to mind - we could at least go to 3.2 (hmm, does
> Torque 3.2 work with ACSYaafiComponentService or do I need to add a
> comment that trunk/3.3 is required?)
Torque 3.2 works fine with YAAFI, no problems there. I don't think we're
in a hurry here, so I'd suggest to use 3.3 when it is released (RC3 is
almost there, so this shouldn't take too long to the final release)

Bye, Thomas.

Re: Velocity 1.5?

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
The Velocity 1.5 update was painless.  It requires the latest Commons
Collection, which is also required by Torque 3.1/3.2.

I had more issues upgrading from Turbine 2.2 to Turbine 2.3, though perhaps
that's my fault for revising my app to not need deprecated features.  (and
hitting a few unexpected snags).  Also had a problem with new escaping
features in the Configuration library causing my properties file not to be
read.

I initialize Torque 3.2 with the Avalon component service.  Actually, the
old component service works with Torque 3.1 but not with Torque 3.2.  (meant
to file a bug report on this, but see I never did).

WILL

On 4/30/07, Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> wrote:

> I knew that would get Henning and Wills' attention.
>
> I am wondering if for 2.3.3 we should update some of our dependencies.
>
> I know Will updated his apps to use Velocity 1.5 - where there any
> changes required for this (to turbine or your app)?
>
> Torque also springs to mind - we could at least go to 3.2 (hmm, does
> Torque 3.2 work with ACSYaafiComponentService or do I need to add a
> comment that trunk/3.3 is required?)
>
> Thomas has already taken care of commons-fileupload, but there may be a
> couple more that can also be dropped in.
>
> Scott

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com

Re: Velocity 1.5?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> writes:

I concur with Will here. 1.5 should be easy if you update Turbine to
use its dependencies.

	Best regards
		Henning

>I knew that would get Henning and Wills' attention.

>I am wondering if for 2.3.3 we should update some of our dependencies.

>I know Will updated his apps to use Velocity 1.5 - where there any
>changes required for this (to turbine or your app)?

>Torque also springs to mind - we could at least go to 3.2 (hmm, does
>Torque 3.2 work with ACSYaafiComponentService or do I need to add a
>comment that trunk/3.3 is required?)

>Thomas has already taken care of commons-fileupload, but there may be a
>couple more that can also be dropped in.

>Scott

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,               |gls
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person              |eau
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    | Velocity - Turbine guy     |rwc
                                                                            |m k
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350     |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n

	       "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."