Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com> on 2006/06/22 00:43:22 UTC

[doc] web site dropped the "learn" category

Incubator web site navigation no longer has a "learn" category with
links to these pages:

http://incubator.apache.org/learn/
http://incubator.apache.org/learn/newcommitters.html
http://incubator.apache.org/learn/releasemanagement.html
http://incubator.apache.org/learn/rules-for-revolutionaries.html
http://incubator.apache.org/learn/theapacheway.html

I think this happened accidently in the conversion to Anakia last winter.

I can easily restore this category and will do so unless somebody
recalls that it was deliberately dropped.

 -jean

Re: [doc] web site dropped the "learn" category

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> Incubator web site navigation no longer has a "learn" category with
> links to these pages:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/learn/
> http://incubator.apache.org/learn/newcommitters.html
> http://incubator.apache.org/learn/releasemanagement.html
> http://incubator.apache.org/learn/rules-for-revolutionaries.html
> http://incubator.apache.org/learn/theapacheway.html
>
> I think this happened accidently in the conversion to Anakia last winter.
>
> I can easily restore this category and will do so unless somebody
> recalls that it was deliberately dropped.

The documents were converted, but not linked back in.
It was one of the listed outstanding issues during the
conversion.

Those documents are woefully out-of-date and incomplete.
Also much of this information is already at w.a.o/dev/

-David

Fwd: [doc] web site dropped the "learn" category

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
FYI,

some interesting Apache Incubator documents, which are currently not linked.

-Matthias

Incubator web site navigation no longer has a "learn" category with
links to these pages:

http://incubator.apache.org/learn/
http://incubator.apache.org/learn/newcommitters.html
http://incubator.apache.org/learn/releasemanagement.html
http://incubator.apache.org/learn/rules-for-revolutionaries.html
http://incubator.apache.org/learn/theapacheway.html

I think this happened accidently in the conversion to Anakia last winter.

I can easily restore this category and will do so unless somebody
recalls that it was deliberately dropped.

 -jean

Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18
48282 Emsdetten
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: [doc] web site dropped the "learn" category

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> I can easily restore this category and will do so unless somebody
> recalls that it was deliberately dropped.

thanks for the feedback, everyone.  I won't restore anything. :-)
Instead I'll raise some issues at the upcoming docathon.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 6/22/06, Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> wrote:

> http://incubator.apache.org/learn/releasemanagement.html
>
>   http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases

this is a skeleton i recently committed in preparation for docathon. (i
hoped that some of those who've posted about release management
documentation might be encouraged to jump in with patches).

i planned to cover ground that the foundation documentation does not. in
particular, language specific best practices (which are out of scope for
foundation) as well as offering simple check lists (which are not
appropriate for foundation).

- robert

Re: [doc] web site dropped the "learn" category

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
Hmm, I certainly didn't really miss them. Because...

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 03:43:22PM -0700, Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> Incubator web site navigation no longer has a "learn" category with
> links to these pages:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/learn/
> http://incubator.apache.org/learn/newcommitters.html

basically duplicates

  http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#meritocracy

basically duplicates

  http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#management
      +
  http://www.apache.org/dev/#mail

> http://incubator.apache.org/learn/releasemanagement.html

  http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases

> http://incubator.apache.org/learn/rules-for-revolutionaries.html

Those have lived in a variety of locations throughout the years. I don't
know if they're anywhere else at the moment. They should be on the web
somewhere :)

> http://incubator.apache.org/learn/theapacheway.html

This page doesn't contain anything substantial by itself.

> I think this happened accidently in the conversion to Anakia last winter.

I guess so.

> I can easily restore this category and will do so unless somebody
> recalls that it was deliberately dropped.

No, I don't think so. But since /dev/ and /foundation/ have improved
so much since these docs were originally written (*years* ago), I think
we shouldn't bother. I just checked, and apart from
rules-for-revolutionaries I don't think there's anything there that we
need to "save" which is not on the site elsewhere.

ciao!

LSD