Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> on 2008/09/26 12:51:36 UTC

Re: [T5] Select component: howto create a SelectModel out of List

If you want to use it with the select component then there is no need to
write your own selectmodel. Just provide an array of strings to the model
parameter, e.g. <t:select model="literal:foo,bar,baz"...> or <t:select
model="strings"...> where strings is an array or list in your page class.

Uli

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:35:11 -0300, Andy Pahne <ap...@net22.de> escreveu:

> That's the easier way I thought of, thanks. I was tricked by the
> component reference, which states that the type of the parameter is
> SelectModel.

The parameter type *is* SelectModel, but Tapestry has coercions:
conversions from one type to another. There must be a String ->
SelectModel coercer somewhere in Tapestry's code.

That's the same case with Grid's source parameter: its type is
GridDataSource, but you can pass a List to it. ;)

Thiago

Re: [T5] Select component: howto create a SelectModel out of List

Posted by Andy Pahne <ap...@net22.de>.