Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by mo...@itu.dk on 2006/03/03 09:50:00 UTC

Maven 1.0.1 fails tests that rely on signed jar files

Hi.

I tried this on the users list, but on second thought, it's more likely
that someone on the dev list knows about this bug.

I have a test case that uses a signed jar file (bouncy castle JCE
provider). This test case works fine from the command line, but fails when
run via Maven:

Testcase: testFunctionality(crypto.BCImplTest): Caused an ERROR
The provider BC may not be signed by a trusted party
java.lang.SecurityException: The provider BC may not be signed by a
trusted party
        at javax.crypto.SunJCE_b.a(DashoA12275)
        at javax.crypto.Cipher.a(DashoA12275)
        at javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance(DashoA12275)
        at crypto.BCImpl.encrypt(BCImpl.java:29)

The application works as expected during normal runtime also, ie. this is
a Maven only problem.

Can anyone really insightful elaborate to me what's going on? This works
for Maven only if I place the jar file in jre/lib/ext, so I'm guessing
that this is a class loading issue of some sorts.

Morten