Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by chughpiyush <pi...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/07 11:59:59 UTC

activemq-karaf-itest failing

Hey all!

I am stuck due to failing tests in the ActiveMQ master branch code. Since it
seems to be an integration test issue, I didn't create a JIRA ticket for the
same. I'll try to share all the information I can for someone to help me:

- Why am I doing code changes?
- How am I impacted?
- Where exactly am I stuck?
- My suspected reason for failing test
- How to potentially reproduce it?

TL;DR - *ActiveMQBrokerNdCamelFeatureTest* failing as unable to download
artefacts from  *http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/*

1. Why am I doing code changes?

I want to contribute to ActiveMQ project on Github and I am doing some
version updates in parent pom of ActiveMQ. I did my changes and just before
pushing, I am running smoke tests to be sure I haven't broken anything. I am
using *-Dactivemq.tests=smoke* to run tests. It was here when I started to
notice failing tests.

IDE - IntelliJ
Java version - 8

2. - How am I impacted?

I think this is an existing issue but still, I am not sure if I should push
my proposed changes until these tests are fixed.
The Jenkins job on https://builds.apache.org/ might not have failed as it
cached all dependencies already.

3. Where exactly am I stuck?

2 tests are failing for me in *activemq-karaf-itest* module -
*ActiveMQBrokerNdCamelFeatureTest* and *ActiveMQAMQPBrokerFeatureTest*.
Initially they were failing due to:

I fixed it by updating *pax-exam-version* to *4.13.1*. Now I am running
*testProduceConsume* test from *ActiveMQAMQPBrokerFeatureTest* in IntelliJ.
This is the log of the error I get:

4. My suspected reason for failing test

If you notice, it is trying to get an artifact from
*http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/*, but we know that *http* is no more
supported. I think some library is still using *http* for maven artifact
download and that is why it is failing. I am not able to figure out which
library is the culprit. I got this exception for many different artifacts,
so in my try to fix it I manually ran *mvn dependency:get* to download those
failing dependencies, and it partially worked since the missing artifacts
kept on changing.

5. How to potentially reproduce it?

- Get latest master branch code.
- Update *pax-exam-version* to *4.13.1*
- Delete some or all of the following dependencies from your local maven
cache:

Run *ActiveMQAMQPBrokerFeatureTest* test in your IDE. I think you should get
a similar stacktrace.
Any help to fix this will be appreciated.
---

Thanks & Regards,
Piyush Chugh

Re: activemq-karaf-itest failing

Posted by chughpiyush <pi...@gmail.com>.
Posting permalink of the post (The original post somehow decided to remove my
stacktraces in  < raw > tags) -
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/activemq-karaf-itest-failing-tp4754899.html

Re: activemq-karaf-itest failing

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

I already identified that and I’m fixing, it’s simply the missing spring-legacy feature ref.

Regards
JB

Posted by Piyush Chugh <pi...@gmail.com>.