Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Michels <st...@vern.chem.tu-berlin.de> on 2001/11/20 19:04:56 UTC

XInclude

Hi,
has anyone a working example for the xinclude transformer. My example
doesnt'work:

I want to include another xml file from my fs.
<mediablock>
 <title>Abbildung: Beispieltitel</title>
  <media xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
   <xi:include href="/vern/public/music.third"/>
   <parameter name="bla" value="blah"/>
  </media>
  <description>
  <block>
   Erläuterner Text:
  </block>
  <block>
   bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
  </block>
 </description>
</mediablock>

output:
<mediablock>
 <title>Abbildung: Beispieltitel</title>
  <media xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
-----Here the output stopps-----------

I couldn't find an error in the log files.

I have also a question, must I use "file://"?

Thanx, Stephan Michels.

Re: XInclude

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@vern.chem.tu-berlin.de>.

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Bernhard Huber wrote:

> Try using <map:transform type="log"/> after xinclude, this will show you
> the xml-content
> after xinclude transformation, and before xinclude
> Perhaps the xslt processing eats up the include element?
> Use copyover.xsl to copy elements see in the documents stylesheet
> directory for copyover.

Before xinclude:
[...]
[startElement] uri=null,local=title,raw=title
[characters] Abbildung: Beispieltitel
[endElement] uri=null,local=title,qname=title
[characters]

[startPrefixMapping] prefix=xi,uri=http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude
[startElement] uri=,local=media,raw=media
[            ] 1.
uri=http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/,local=xi,qname=xmlns:xi,type=CDATA,value=http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude
[startElement]
uri=http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude,local=include,raw=xi:include
[            ] 1.
uri=,local=href,qname=href,type=CDATA,value=/vern/public/FIZ-Ablaufumgebung/ch/1/pc/xmltest/vscml/music.third
[endElement]
uri=http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude,local=include,qname=xi:include
[characters]

[startElement] uri=null,local=parameter,raw=parameter
[            ] 1. uri=,local=name,qname=name,type=CDATA,value=bla
[            ] 2. uri=,local=value,qname=value,type=CDATA,value=blah
[endElement] uri=null,local=parameter,qname=parameter
[characters]
[...]

After:
[...]
[startElement] uri=null,local=title,raw=title
[characters] Abbildung: Beispieltitel
[endElement] uri=null,local=title,qname=title
[characters]

[startPrefixMapping] prefix=xi,uri=http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude
[startElement] uri=,local=media,raw=media
[            ] 1.
uri=http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/,local=xi,qname=xmlns:xi,type=CDATA,value=http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude
[log stopps here]

Where must I search to find a possible error?

In XIncludeTransformer.java:
protected void processXIncludeElement(String href, String parse) throws
SAXException,ProcessingException,IOException {
        if (getLogger().isDebugEnabled())
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

With which parameter could I enable this feature?

Re: XInclude

Posted by Michael McKibben <mm...@ncube.com>.
I used the source from cvs.

Regards,

--mike

Re: XInclude

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@vern.chem.tu-berlin.de>.

Re: XInclude

Posted by Michael McKibben <mm...@ncube.com>.

Re: XInclude

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@vern.chem.tu-berlin.de>.

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Michael McKibben wrote:

> Also, don't forget the parse="xml" attribute on your xinclude element. I
> didn't see it in the original example you sent.

I thought this were the default.

>From XInclude.java(87):
if (null == parse) parse="xml";

Re: XInclude