Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Cathy_123 <nd...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/21 11:40:11 UTC

Table and carriage return

Hello everybody,

I would like to do a table and in one column, I have several lines that I
would like to show on several lines. Something like that:
| header 1  | header 2             | header 3 |
| hello 1     | first line              | test 1     |
|               | second line         |              |
| hello 2     | first lineeeeeeeeee| test 2    |
|               | second line         |              |
|               | third line            |              |

 I set these values on the java code and I try to add ' \n\r' or '\r\n' or
'<br>' on the string but tapestry
doesn't understand this carracters. Do you know how to do it ?

And I would like that the table doesn't add automatically the carriage
return when my string is too long like too.

| header 1  | header 2             | header 3 |
| hello 1     | first line              | test 1     |
|               | second line         |              |
| hello 2     | first lineeeeee     |              |   <--- NOT OK
|               |eeee                  | test 2     |
|               | second line         |              |
|               | third line            |              |

Re: Table and carriage return

Posted by Cathy_123 <nd...@yahoo.com>.

Thank you for your answer, but I use Tapestry 4, are there another solutions
or I have to change the version ? It's a project of my company so it's
difficult to change ...

Thank you for your help

cathy

Posted by Olivier Jacquet <oj...@jax.be>.

Posted by Olivier Jacquet <oj...@jax.be>.

RE: RE: Re: Table and carriage return

Posted by Cathy_123 <nd...@yahoo.com>.
it's not ok with this solution

But finally I format all data before sending to Tapestry. So it's ok now.
For the problem "adding automatically the carriage return " I use

white-space: nowrap;

Thank you a lot for your help

Have a nice day

Cathy

Posted by Cathy_123 <nd...@yahoo.com>.
In the case you don't understand my problem, I explain :

"components.pagesTable.tableRow.column2" exists

I have to format the column, so for the TABLE, I writed =column2Column like:

 <component id="pagesTable" type="PagesTable">
    <binding name="source" value="myDataModel"/>
    <binding name="columns" value="literal:!column1,!,=column2Column"/>
 </component>

column2Column is a java method who retrieves the
components.pagesTable.tableRow.column2 value in the parameter (see
ITableColumnEvaluator )

Now for the component INSERT, how can I do to format it ????

thank you

Cathy

RE: RE: RE: Re: Table and carriage return

Posted by James Sherwood <js...@rgisolutions.com>.
Hello,

Unfortunately I do not have T4 experience with these components.

It cannot find that property so perhaps you have the path wrong.

If you send your 3 files to my email I will look at them and see if I can
help.

--James

)

**********

Posted by Cathy_123 <nd...@yahoo.com>.
I get

Posted by James Sherwood <js...@rgisolutions.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Cathy_123 <nd...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Cathy_123 <nd...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Thiago HP <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cathy_123 <nd...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,
Thank you Peter for this information.

Temporally, I resolve the problem by formatting all data before sending to
the Table component. I will try this solution the next occasion I will have
probably.

I have some problems of Tapestry I have to resolve again before (example see
the message "Block and lines selected" :))

Thank you a lot.

regards,

Cathy