Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Desaulniers, Peter" <Pe...@pahv.xerox.com> on 2000/12/05 01:55:36 UTC

Isapi_redirect.dll v3.2 will not load

Facts:

WinNT 4.0SP6a, IIS 4.0
Tomcat 3.2
JDK 1.3

I have successfully install, configured and ran Tomcat 3.1 (as stand-alone,
then out of process, and finally in-process) following the documentation
closely. However, after removing 3.1 and installing 3.2, I am unable to get
the isapi_redirect.dll to load.  I have followed the exact same steps as 3.1
for the IIS How-To (for out of process) but the dll fails to load (red
downward arrow).  Tomcat 3.2 as a stand-alone works fine.

Questions:

1. When I unzipped 3.2, I noticed that all of the text files in the conf
directory have non-MS carriage returns (i.e. black boxes when viewed with
Notepad). The same files were fine in 3.1 when viewed with Notepad.  Could
the improper carriage returns cause problems with running tomcat within IIS?

2. Does the registry key version for the Jakarta Isapi Redirector remain 1.0
for 3.2 as it was for 3.1?

3. Someone suggested that the isapi_redirect filter need be added at the web
server level and not the default web site level.  I had it at the default
web site level for 3.1 and it worked.  For 3.2, it does work at either
level.  What is the real requirement for 3.2?

4. tomcat 3.2 unzips to the jakarta-tomcat-3.2 directory.  Version 3.1 ran
out of jakarta-tomcat.  I deleted jakarta-tomcat and replaced it with the
3.2 tree. Does that matter?

5. Regarding the out of process mode, do I need to edit any of the conf
files for 3.2?  I did not have to edit any for 3.1.

6. What else can I look at to determine why the redirector won't load?

This seems to be giving alot of people headaches.  It would be nice if some
who was successful could post their configuration procedure (or a modified
How To document).  I would be happy to but first I must join those who have
been successful.

-- Peter Desaulniers

Re: Isapi_redirect.dll v3.2 will not load

Posted by Lee Poh Heng <le...@cybersmith.com.sg>.
The workers.properties and uriworkermap.properties files in
Tomcat 3.2 is different from 3.1. I suggest you use back the
3.1 version of properties files with  Tomcat 3.2.

I have encountered many problem in setting up IIS with Tomcat.
So I have written a program to configure IIS and Tomcat. You
can find the program at my homepage:
http://www.namesdb.com/leeph/

The zip file comes with Delphi source code.

Hope this helps you.