Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by ne...@trapo.it on 2004/02/02 12:12:20 UTC

A detail about submit

Hi list,

when i submit a page, browser goes to another page with only submit/cancel
buttons but, often i cannot remember what i'm submitting.. Name of page will be
a simple but useful addition i think..

Giampaolo

ps: i saw that message boxes are not used..can someone explain me this design
choice?

Re: A detail about submit

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 20:17, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> > ps: i saw that message boxes are not used..can someone explain me this design
> > choice?
>
> you mean popup windows? we were not so sure about the usability
> benefits. theere are pros and cons.

Yes.

The some cons are imho:

- I have disabled pop ups in my browser :)
- I will use my browser for other tasks in between, thats not possible
if the pop up is modal
- If its not modal, I will have to search the pop up on my desktop or
so, that annoys me.

At the end: I want to control what is going on. Pop ups seem to force me
to do sth. even if I have decided to do other things. Thats not usable,
imho.

Rolf Kulemann

Always remember:
	"There is inherently no silver bullet." - F.Brooks

PGP/GPG public key:
	http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6B4EA7EA

Re: A detail about submit

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
newlenyauser@trapo.it wrote:

> when i submit a page, browser goes to another page with only submit/cancel
> buttons but, often i cannot remember what i'm submitting.. Name of page will be
> a simple but useful addition i think..

done :)

> ps: i saw that message boxes are not used..can someone explain me this design
> choice?

you mean popup windows? we were not so sure about the usability
benefits. theere are pros and cons.

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss