Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Miguel Gonzalez <mi...@yahoo.es> on 2013/04/04 12:48:41 UTC

tomcat nodes and updating of webapps

Dear all,

  In the Tomcat nodes (under Windows) i mentioned in the other thread part of balancing group we are concerned of how to face webapps updating.

  What I mean is if I have just 2-3 nodes, while we are performing a new webapp deployment, we would like that users continue to be served using the non-updated webapps of course, transparently for them and with no downtimes.

  I have thought about it and I have thought of having two tomcats in each server node that are synced and a second failover Tomcat in server1 which will take all requests while the main Tomcat in server1 is being updated.

  Does it make sense?

  Thanks,

  Miguel

Re: tomcat nodes and updating of webapps

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.