Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jean-Luc Rochat <jn...@cybercable.fr> on 2000/03/11 10:38:01 UTC

proposal: use the latest ajpv12 protocol version or change the protocol name

Hi,

As Jserv 1.1 is now released, it would be nice to adapt the ajpv12
protocol version used in Tomcat *before* the official Tomcat release.
The ajpv12 implementation in Tomcat had been done *before* the JServ 1.1
release, and did not use the 2 additional fields which are used to
authenticate the user with SSL & X509 certificate. So these protocols
are not compatible, even if they have the same name.
I just (yesterday) committed a new version of jserv_ajpv12.c in JServ
CVS tree, which supports :
Ben-SSL, mod_ssl, Raven, StrongHold (it previously made a boo-boo with
Ben-SSL).

I volunteer to do the same for Tomcat. Shall I have a write access on
CVS ?

An alternative to this would be to just rename ajpv12 to ajpv12-b (ie:
create a new protocol for Tomcat), and add it in mod_jserv.
That would even be easier (only change some class names and protocol
name).

Opinions ?

I also want to offer ASAP a support for the 2 different cookie names to
allow a better integration : JServ and Tomcat behind the same apache
server.

Jean-Luc