Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "McDonnell, David" <Da...@csu.edu.au> on 2001/02/13 03:53:12 UTC

Default properties on Node

Hi All,

Is there any way to specify default properties for all nodes that will be
set when a node is created??

My reason for wanting to do this is I'm using custom properties for a
document publishing system, eg status which could be one of 'live', 'devel',
and I want a node to have this property set to 'devel' when it is created. I
could write code to assume that if status is unset, it should be interpreted
as 'devel' but this adds alot more complexity.

Cheers,
Dave

Re: Default properties on Node

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any way to specify default properties for all nodes that will be
> set when a node is created??
>
> My reason for wanting to do this is I'm using custom properties for a
> document publishing system, eg status which could be one of 'live',
'devel',
> and I want a node to have this property set to 'devel' when it is created.
> could write code to assume that if status is unset, it should be
interpreted
> as 'devel' but this adds alot more complexity.

Yes, that would be a useful feature. Right now, the set of default
properties is static. What kind of control do you think would be useful ?

I think that specifying (in the damin config file) that each node should
have a specified property (with a namespace and default value) would be
enough. That can be easily done on a per-role basis (so you can specify that
every user has a password property).

Remy