Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by samlai <sy...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/02 02:23:15 UTC

Format Output in Grid Table

I have a grid table in "Roster.tml".  The grid table prints out information
for "User(s)".  An "User" has many properties including rank and status
defined as follow:

    public enum Rank {INITIATE, MEMBER, GROUP_ADMIN}

    public enum Status {NEW, OLD}

With the template below, the output values for column "Rank" is unformated
(noticed all caps and underscore): INITIATE, MEMBER, GROUP_ADMIN.  While the
output values for column "Status" is formated: New, Old.

My question is how to print out formated rank when overriding the "rankCell"
in the Grid table.  Obviously, it's not "${user.rank}".  Thanks.

Roster.tml
=======

xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_0_0.xsd">

		<t:grid source="userList" row="user" model="model" rowClass="rowClass"
pagerPosition="top" rowsPerPage="20">
			<t:parameter name="rankCell">
				${user.rank}
			</t:parameter>
		</t:grid>

Re: Format Output in Grid Table

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
You can peek in at how Tapestry is doing this by looking at the
PropertyDisplayBlocks page.

It comes down to this:

   public String getConvertedEnumValue()
    {
        Enum value = (Enum) _context.getPropertyValue();

        if (value == null) return null;

        return TapestryInternalUtils.getLabelForEnum(_context.getMessages(),
value);
    }

There is not a public API for converting a Enum to a user-presentable
label, so use TapestryInternalUtils at your own risk.

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 5:23 PM, samlai <sy...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I have a grid table in "Roster.tml".  The grid table prints out information
>  for "User(s)".  An "User" has many properties including rank and status
>  defined as follow:
>
>     public enum Rank {INITIATE, MEMBER, GROUP_ADMIN}
>
>     public enum Status {NEW, OLD}
>
>  With the template below, the output values for column "Rank" is unformated
>  (noticed all caps and underscore): INITIATE, MEMBER, GROUP_ADMIN.  While the
>  output values for column "Status" is formated: New, Old.
>
>  My question is how to print out formated rank when overriding the "rankCell"
>  in the Grid table.  Obviously, it's not "${user.rank}".  Thanks.
>
>  Roster.tml
>  =======

>  xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_0_0.xsd">

>                 <t:grid source="userList" row="user" model="model" rowClass="rowClass"
>  pagerPosition="top" rowsPerPage="20">
>                         <t:parameter name="rankCell">
>                                 ${user.rank}
>                         </t:parameter>