Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Showroom Sales <sa...@rixson-green.co.uk> on 2002/12/19 16:57:02 UTC

[users@httpd] CGI & CHMOD help

Hi Gang,

Just joined this group, have read a few articles about this subject but I cannot
find anything definitive about making my cgi-bin work on Win98...

I have installed Apache 2.0.43 on my Win98 system and despite following all the
articles and setup docs, I cannot find out these 2 things:
How to stop getting this when I run cgi scripts....
"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to
complete your request."

According to my error log "[error] [client 127.0.0.1] (720002)The system cannot
find the file specified.  : couldn't spawn child process:
C:/apache/Apache2/cgi-bin/hello.cgi"

I'm assuming it means that Apache cannot find my cgi-bin? Here is my
ScriptAlias:
"ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/apache/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "C:/apache/Apache2/cgi-bin/">
    Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>"

What have I done wrong? I cannot find a cure in any of the docs I have
seen.....Most cures (except migration to Linux!!!) seem to be for Unix.

Anyone put me straight quickly and simply?

Thanks

Sincerely,

Simon Hughes
Senior Sales Consultant.