Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Suneel <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/21 19:02:48 UTC

Bulk insertion in solr

Hello Friends,

I am using sql data base and importing data in solr by using DIH. now my
data have increase its taking lot of time, i want bulk insert i have tried
but not got any article of net.
please provide me some example to write the script to bulk insertion from
sql to solr. this will be very helpful to me.

-----
Regards,

Suneel Pandey
Sr. Software Developer

Re: Bulk insertion in solr

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Here's a sample of indexing with SolrJ instead of DIH, you
could consider partitioning your problem to N copies of this
and running in parallel.
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2012/02/14/indexing-with-solrj/

But you haven't indicated whether your speed issue is on the
query side or the index side. Before you know where to put
your efforts, you need to answer that question....

Best
Erick