Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by giacomo <gi...@apache.org> on 2001/09/22 14:19:40 UTC

Moving to Ant 1.4

Because I'm using my installed Ant 1.4 set to build the various projects
I have the avalon cvs' ready for it to be commited.

Any objections?

Giacomo

Re: Moving to Ant 1.4

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 23 Sep 2001 00:45, giacomo wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Peter Donald wrote:
> > On Sat, 22 Sep 2001 22:19, giacomo wrote:
> > > Because I'm using my installed Ant 1.4 set to build the various
> > > projects I have the avalon cvs' ready for it to be commited.
> > >
> > > Any objections?
> >
> > yup - unfortunately ancall with inheritall="false" triggers a bug in
> > released ant. As we use it all the way through cornerstone I don't think
> > we can switch to released ant.
>
> Hmm.. i haven't got any errors building various targets (including dist)
> on Cornerstone? Do you have a test case for it? I've downloaded the
> ant-1.4 dist today.

Essentially the error is that system properties are not injected into newly
formed project so that something like

<property file="${user.home}/.ant.properties"/>

is unable to be evaluated and thus all the settings in my home directory are
not enabled for any subproject. The easiest way to test this would be to put
something in ~/.ant.properties and watch to see if it gets set in the project
called by antcall.

The other advantage is that the CVS version of ant has faaar superior output
when running "ant -projecthelp" which many of Avalons build files now
recomend doing. Maybe when 1.4.1 comes out we can upgrade  then.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: Moving to Ant 1.4