Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sudhakar Barua <su...@adakos.com> on 2002/08/19 10:43:04 UTC

Frameset problem with mod_webapp

Hi, I couldn't get a single solution in the mailing list archive for my
problem below.

I am using Apache 1.3.20 with TOMCAT 4.0.4 using mod_webapp wrap connector,
and I am having problems loading .jsp pages in  frames.
The problem persists even for simple .html files.My file test.html consists
of:-

<frameset cols="*,250">
	<frame src="left.html"></frame>

	<frame src="right.html"></frame>
</frameset>

When I load test.html directly(i.e.,bypassing the Apache Web Server)
http://localhost:8080/kamatoapp/kamato/test.html, everything works fine.

But I get one of these errors everytime I try to load the frameset through
the Apache-Tomcat connector, using the url
http://localhost/kamatoapp/kamato/test.html

1.)browser says:-

"WebApp: Error 500
(File: pr_warp.c Line: 438)

Invalid packet 6
--------------------------------------------------------------------------"

2.)access.log says:-

"127.0.0.1 - - [19/Aug/2002:10:14:58 +0200] "GET /kamatoapp/kamato/left.html
HTTP/1.1" 304 0"

[HTTP:304 error means resource "Not Modified"]

3.)or windows error says:-

"Apache.exe has generated errors and will be shut down...."

4.)or, if I press F5(Reload) the browser simply goes in an unresponsive
mode.

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Best regards
Sudhakar Barua