Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2008/01/25 22:42:43 UTC

[VOTE] Approve release CXF 2.0.4-incubator

We held a vote on cxf-dev to release a new version of CXF. This version
is pretty much just a big "bug fix rollup" compared to 2.0.3 fixing over
50 JIRA issues reported by users and bugs encountered during some
interop testing.

For a full list of the issues, see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312855&styleName=Html&projectId=12310511&Create=Create

The vote thread is at:
http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Release-CXF-2.0.4-incubator-to15025947.html

In summary, we have 11 +1 votes,  no 0 or -1 votes.  Two of the votes are
from ASF members (bsnyder and gnodet).   I'm not sure if they are
binding yet or not.  (I think they both sent in requests to join the
IPMC, just not sure if that is finished yet).

The staging area is at:
http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0.4-incubator

The distributions are in the "dist" directory. The "m2repo" directory
contains the stuff that will by pushed to the m2-incubating-repository.

This release is tagged at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0.4-incubator/

We and our users appreciate you taking the time to look over this
release!

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Re: [VOTE] Approve release CXF 2.0.4-incubator

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

+1 from me!

- -- dims

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The CXF build fails several tests.

Environment:
Maven version: 2.0.8
Java version: 1.5.0_13
OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86" Family: "windows"

Log file:

http://people.apache.org/~sebb/CXF

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
The policy page says:

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
As long as the vote was for the *same artifact*, I don't see what
difference it makes *where* the vote was posted.

Craig

On Jan 28, 2008, at 11:20 PM, ant elder wrote:

> I'm not sure those votes on cxf-dev count in this vote unless they
> vote in
> this thread, no mater though as there are enough votes here now.
>
>   ...ant
>
> On Jan 26, 2008 5:56 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> Just a quick update while the vote is open.....
>>
>> Jim Jagielski and Jeff Genender both voted +1 on the thread on cxf-
>> dev.
>> Thus, that's two additional binding IPMC votes.   Vote is still
>> open....     :-)
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> On Friday 25 January 2008, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>>> We held a vote on cxf-dev to release a new version of CXF. This
>>> version is pretty much just a big "bug fix rollup" compared to 2.0.3
>>> fixing over 50 JIRA issues reported by users and bugs encountered
>>> during some interop testing.
>>>
>>> For a full list of the issues, see:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=1231285
>>> 5&styleName=Html&projectId=12310511&Create=Create
>>>
>>> The vote thread is at:
>>> http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Release-CXF-2.0.4-incubator-to15025947.ht
>>> ml
>>>
>>> In summary, we have 11 +1 votes,  no 0 or -1 votes.  Two of the
>>> votes
>>> are from ASF members (bsnyder and gnodet).   I'm not sure if they
>>> are
>>> binding yet or not.  (I think they both sent in requests to join the
>>> IPMC, just not sure if that is finished yet).
>>>

>>> The staging area is at:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0.4-incubator<http://people.apache.org/%7Edkulp/stage_cxf/2.0.4-incubator
>>> >

>>> The distributions are in the "dist" directory. The "m2repo"
>>> directory
>>> contains the stuff that will by pushed to the
>>> m2-incubating-repository.
>>>
>>> This release is tagged at:
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0.4-incubator
>>> /
>>>
>>> We and our users appreciate you taking the time to look over this
>>> release!
>>

>> --
>> J. Daniel Kulp
>> Principal Engineer, IONA
>> dkulp@apache.org
>> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Craig Russell

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
+1

Bill

[RESULT] [VOTE] Approve release CXF 2.0.4-incubator

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
This vote has been open for 4 days now.   We have binding +1 votes from:

Bill Stoddard
Ant Elder
Niclas Hedhman
Davanum Srinivas
Jim Jagielski  *
Jeff Genender  *
Bruce Snyder  *
(*) votes were on the cxf-dev vote

That's 7 binding +1 votes along with the 10 non-binding votes on cxf-dev.
Thus, this vote has passed.     I'll proceed with releasing the artifacts
now.

BTW: excellent voter turnout from the IPMC.   Very much appreciated.   A
huge thanks to those listed above for taking the time to download and
look things over.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Looks ok to me, +1.

   ...ant

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Saturday 26 January 2008 05:42, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> We held a vote on cxf-dev to release a new version of CXF. This version
> is pretty much just a big "bug fix rollup" compared to 2.0.3 fixing over
> 50 JIRA issues reported by users and bugs encountered during some
> interop testing.

+1

Cheers
--