Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Arshak Navruzyan <ar...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/21 07:40:43 UTC

standalone server crashes after batch writes

I am experiencing a problem where the server goes down about some large
batch writes using the SequentialBatchWriter example.  Here is the command:

./bin/accumulo
org.apache.accumulo.examples.simple.client.SequentialBatchWriter
accumulo-stg localhost:2181 username password batchtest1 0 1000000 50
20000000 500 20 exampleVis

It seems to happen around 20M entries (although somewhat unpredictable) and
I have verified it on both 1.5 and 1.4.4

What I see in the error log is:

WARN : There are no tablet servers: check that zookeeper and accumulo are
running.

Re: standalone server crashes after batch writes

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Check in the tserver debug log, out and err files after the tabletserver
has died. Likely reasons are that the tserver ran out of memory or lost its
zookeeper lock.