Posted to tdk-dev@turbine.apache.org by Humberto Hernandez Torres <hh...@itweb.com.mx> on 2002/06/10 20:42:31 UTC

New version of TDK 2.1?

Hi folks, In the later days I have been trying to use Turbine 2.2, the new
decoupled Torque, and maven. Although, it is a  good learning exercise it is
becoming kind of painful. I would really like to take advantage of all the
good things done during the last year but I have the feeling that there are
not stable interoprable releases.  Also turbine 2.2 and 3.0 keep evolving
but probably many users are left behind in 2.1 and the longer we wait the
harder is going to be to bring them to the current versions. I also have the
feeling that the efforts in development, documentation and testing are
spread out in several modules and several versions. It is probably a good
time to start thinking about stabilizing what we have now before advancing
with newer functionality and widening the gap between users.

The TDK is a good idea because it integrates everything but the latest
release is a year old. (4/Jun/01) . In the mean time I will try built it
from the sources and see how that works but it is probably a good idea to
make a release integrating a more recent version with all the goodies.

--
  Humberto