Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Lihong Pei <Li...@xilinx.com> on 2001/06/12 02:18:56 UTC

Questions about 64-bit compliant source code

Hi,
We're using the xml4c-src3_3_0 now. As our company's product is moving to 64bit
platform, we need to port the  xml source code to 64bit platform. I've just
checked the release page, where it mentioned that on 11/08/2000, Andrei Smimov
update xerces-c for Solaris2.8 64 bit. What about other 64 bit platforms? Does
it mean that the newly released version is 64bit compliant? If not, is there
any plan to have the 64 bit compliant version and when?
Another question is how long will it take to get to the next major release? Is
there a fixed time frame for that? When will be the planned next release time?

Thanks a lot!

Lihong Pei

Re: Questions about 64-bit compliant source code

Posted by David Nickerson <d....@auckland.ac.nz>.
> Did you change any code that is specific for 64 bit porting to SGI IRIX
6.5 in
> your Xerces-C 1.4 source code?

no - 1.4 compiled straight from the source tree from apache. Xerces-C 1.3
required a small change, but this has been fixed in 1.4.

> Is this 64bit Xerces-C 1.4 the latest released stable version,  which came
out
> on 2/12 this year?

not sure when it was released, but as far as I know 1.4 is the most recent
stable release

> Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend!

You too.

Re: Questions about 64-bit compliant source code

Posted by Lihong Pei <Li...@xilinx.com>.
David,
Thank you for the information!
I have two more questions:
Did you change any code that is specific for 64 bit porting to SGI IRIX 6.5 in
your Xerces-C 1.4 source code?
Is this 64bit Xerces-C 1.4 the latest released stable version,  which came out
on 2/12 this year?

Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend!

Lihong

Posted by David Nickerson <d....@auckland.ac.nz>.