Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by kewldude <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/30 06:04:37 UTC

t:datascroller + ajax

Was there a successful implementation of using the tomahawk datascroller +
ajax? Something like clicking the page number of the scroller and only the
data table changed and not the whole page is reloaded...
I'm trying to search the forum and it seems there are difficulties in doing
so. Can someone provide more clues or suggestions? Thanks.

Re: t:datascroller + ajax

Posted by kewldude <pa...@yahoo.com>.

are you there andrew? or anyone who has anymore inputs?

Tooltip for each option in SelectOneMenu

Posted by Arvind Pandey <ar...@datamatics.com>.
Hi !!!

     My requirement is to provide tooltip for every option in the
SelectOneMenu because label of option is so large
that its not possible to provide such a large size SelectOneMenu .So the
label is cutting. Thats why i need tooltip to show
the whole value on mouse over of the options in the SelectOneMenu .

Any idea will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Arvind Pandey

Disclaimer: The information contained in this e-mail and attachments if any are privileged and confidential and are intended for the individual(s) or entity(ies) named in this e-mail. If the reader or recipient is not the intended recipient, or employee or agent responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or attachments thereof is strictly prohibited. IF YOU RECEIVE this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and return the original message.

Re: t:datascroller + ajax

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
I don't have the code anymore and do not have easy access to it at the
moment, because we have moved off of JSF for the near future. I cannot
remember exactly what I did, but here is a shot:

Override the renderer. Specifically these methods:

protected HtmlCommandLink getLink(FacesContext facesContext,
HtmlDataScroller scroller, String text, int pageIndex)

protected HtmlCommandLink getLink(FacesContext facesContext,
HtmlDataScroller scroller, String facetName)

In those methods, add an ajax support component for the onclick event
and that returns false (forget the attribute, but one causes this).

Then I think I had to extend the component to catch the queuing of
action events by the support object. I changed it to a data scroller
component at that point.

I can't remember more than that at the moment though. The richfaces
one is probably easier to use for this use (it wasn't open source when
I did the tomahawk datascroller customization).

You can also use <a4j:form ajaxSubmit="true" /> to force every request
to be an ajax request.

-Andrew

Re: t:datascroller + ajax

Posted by kewldude <pa...@yahoo.com>.