Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Rickard Öberg <ri...@dreambean.com> on 2004/11/02 11:50:41 UTC

[Launcher] Restart of process?

Hi!

Background: I want to implement an auto-update feature for our webapp
running in Tomcat. The way it will work is that it will download an
update from a known location and expand it on the server. Then the
process will be killed and an Ant task should replace the old version
with the new, and finally Tomcat should be restarted.

Question: can I use commons-launcher to accomplish this? Tomcat 5
already uses the launcher, but I can't find out how to handle restarts
gracefully, or even just handle the process result in a meaningful way.

Are there better ways to do this?

Has anyone done anything similar before?

/Rickard