Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com> on 2023/01/25 16:47:19 UTC

GSoC 2023

Hi all,

Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2023 has already been announced and the timeline is available on this link: https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline. I would like to volunteer as the coordinator for our GSoC involvement this year if nobody objects.

Starting from this week, organizations can start submitting applications for the program. To submit your idea please create a GitHub issue at the official ACS repository with label “gsoc23” (such as: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Agsoc2023), we’ll later review and work with the ASF guys to make this list available for applications. You will also need to register as a mentor. To become a mentor you don’t need to be committer or PMC, just to have an idea and the will to support and guide a contributor developing it. Registering is also easy, please send an email to private@ and ask to be recognized as such.

You can find the general information of the program on: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/

The announcement for this year: https://opensource.googleblog.com/2022/11/get-ready-for-google-summer-of-code-2023.html

There are no major changes from the last year’s program, the only difference is this year GSoC is accepting begginers on open source software development and students as contributors.

Please directly add your project idea, and of course if you have questions I’ll be available to help.

Regards,
Nicolas Vazquez

Re: GSoC 2023

Posted by Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Thanks for stepping up, Nicolas!

Regards

Re: GSoC 2023

Posted by Daman Arora <da...@gmail.com>.
That's great news. Goodluck Nicolas. I am sure you will do great as a
coordinator for GSoC.

Best,
Daman Arora.

Re: GSoC 2023

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi all,

The ASF has been announced as a participant organization for GSOC 2023.

These are the existing potential ideas for GSOC 2023 so far. It is possible to create new ideas until the end of this week. If you are interested on creating new ideas, please create it as a Github issue and add the label ‘gsoc2023’ to it, or can ping me directly.

Title
Github issue
JIRA ticket
Autodetect IPs used inside the VM
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/7142
Extend Import-Export Instances to the KVM Hypervisor
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/7127
User friendly name of Downloaded Templates Volumes and ISOs
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/6949
Test button addition in Domains LDAP config
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/6934
Use Calico or Cilium in CKS
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/6637
Configure NFS version for Primary Storage
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/4482
SSL - LetsEncrypt the Console Proxy
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/3141
Direct Download extension to Ceph storage
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/3065
Improve ConfigDrive to store network information
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/2872

Nicolas Vazquez

From: Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>
Date: Thursday, 26 January 2023 at 11:29