Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2012/07/26 17:07:48 UTC

[RELEASE][3.4.1]: propose revision r1365887 for next developer snapshot (RC)

Hi,

I would like to propose revision r1365887 as base for the next developer
snapshot.

Well we have already or building currently and I have tested the source
release and have created and uploaded the MacOS and windows version
already. QA volunteers can start to take a closer look on these builds.

When Ariel has finished the upload of tghe Linux builds we will start
the voting on this build.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: propose revision r1366353 for next developer snapshot (RC)

Posted by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com>.
Juergen, thanks for your fix. I can download now

--

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: propose revision r1366353 for next developer snapshot (RC)

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com>.

--

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: propose revision r1366353 for next developer snapshot (RC)

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.

Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: propose revision r1365887 for next developer snapshot (RC)

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 07/30/2012 04:48 PM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
> On 7/30/12 4:01 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

>>> I did it for you because I had the script in place.
>>>
>>> Can you upload the SDK as well
>>
>> IMHO it is a bad idea to release micro versions of the SDK. We must
>> guarantee that the SDK is compatible at least between micro versions,
>> and only release minor and mayor updates, 3.4, 3.5, 4.0, etc. IRRC
>> that's how it was done in OOo times, but you know better :)

Hm, the archive tells me a different thing for 3.2.0 and 3.2.1:

http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/stable/3.2.0/
http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/stable/3.2.1/

But for 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 it was like you guessed. It seems it wasn't done
consequent.

> It will remain compatible and it is for completeness mainly. I am open
> and flexible, we can also decide to not include the SDK in "micro"
> releases. The size of the SDK is not so huge compared to the office and
> doesn't count too much in the overall size.
>
> Any further opinions?

If it's safe to use the SDK from 3.4 also for 3.4.1 then we don't need
new SDK builds.

Marcus

Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: propose revision r1365887 for next developer snapshot (RC)

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 11:01:33AM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 03:37:50PM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

> > > Linux packages are uploaded. I'll update the cwiki page when I finish my
> > > breakfast :)
> >
> > I did it for you because I had the script in place.
> >
> > Can you upload the SDK as well

Done.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: propose revision r1365887 for next developer snapshot (RC)

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.